School Careers Leader - Karen Cannard
Telephone: 01284 413400
If you have any questions or queries regards the careers programme at Sybil Andrews Academy, please contact Karen Cannard email@example.com
A summary of the careers programme, including details of how pupils, parents, teachers and employers may access information about the careers programme, can be accessed by contacting Karen.
Additional careers advice can be sought from www.nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk
Suffolk Work & Skills: Information for young people aged 13-19. 2nd Edition
This is an online version of one of the publications that we use in school. It provides a useful picture of the region's Labour Market Information, including the key employment sectors, related occupations, skills required and potential salaries. It also includes lots of links to specialist sector website. An excellent guide for students, parents and teachers.
The following websites provide a range of additional careers information and tools that can help students explore future options.
Focuses on jobs and careers in Suffolk and Norfolk based on your skills and interests.
- career videos and written articles covering lots of occupations. Try the BuzzQuiz.
- a range of career tools that helps you explore careers, training and suitable jobs. Also includes a skills assessment questionnaire.
- contains concise summaries of every apprenticeship offered in England, plus general careers advice, real life stories, employer advertising and a directory of providers. The Guide is fully revised and updated annually, in collaboration with the National Apprenticeship Service.
- everything you need to know about higher education. A useful website for exploring university degrees and identifying the diplomas or A'Level qualifications that will be needed for your future steps. For students who want to go on to university, it is useful to check the requirements before you make our Post-16 choices.
- what to study, where to go and how to get there. Has useful advice on selecting A'Levels as well as extra guidance on personal statements and applying.
- articles, news updates and helpful information for parents and carers about the best way to advise your son or daughter.